Part of being an HR professional involves being well-versed in what’s going on in the worlds of Human Resources and Human Capital Management. While ICG is here to help you with the implementation and support of SAP HCM, it never hurts to be educated about the space—and in terms of doing that, the internet is a great place to start.
Even so, there’s so much information on the web that it can sometimes be tough to know what’s legitimate and what isn’t. To help our readers navigate those resources and get good, useful information, we thought we’d put together a list of blogs and resources for HR professionals, and for anyone looking to get an introduction to the inner workings of HCM.
Here are our 7 favorite blogs and online resources for anyone interested in HR and HCM:
- RecruitingBlogs: Geared more towards HR than HCM, RecruitingBlogs is nonetheless a great collection of blogs for HR professionals. From recruiting on LinkedIn, to executive leadership, this is a great place for keeping up on what’s happening in the HR world.
- ASUG’s Learning Center: ASUG, or the Americas’ SAP Users’ Group, is essentially a collection of SAP customers. More than that, though, their site is a great hub for information about SAP and HCM. This is a good place to start if you’re looking to learn the basics about SAP and Human Capital Management.
- HR Tech Europe: On the other side of the pond, HR Tech Europe is an annual HR technology conference focusing on everything from big data, to recruiting technology, to HCM. Like ASUG’s Learning Center above, HR Tech Europe’s collection of resources online contains valuable reading material for HR professionals.
- All About HCM: All about HCM is, as its name suggests, a blog focusing on Human Capital Management. If you’re looking for in-depth information about some of the tougher questions surrounding HCM, All About HCM is a good blog to reference.
- SAP Community Network: If you’re only going to read one of the resources on this list, SAP’s Community Network should be that resource. Providing info straight from SAP itself, the Community Network brings HR and HCM experts together, making for a valuable online community and tool.
- ERE: ERE, best known for their annual ERE Recruiting Conference, also has a strong blog. This blog contains a good mix of all kinds of information for HR professionals, covering a wide variety of topics that you should be concerned about if you’re in the HR space.
- The HR Capitalist: The HR Capitalist is easily the most fun to read of the resources listed here—but don’t let that fool you. The information provided here may be fun to read, but within each seemingly lighthearted post is a valuable lesson about HR.
Obviously, ICG is here to help with broader solutions—navigating the changing business space can be difficult, and we’re here to help implement and support large-scale SAP HCM solutions to help businesses meet the ongoing needs that come along with change management. But as we’ve already mentioned, our solutions don’t mean that you can’t familiarize yourself with the current happenings of the HR and HCM spaces.
These blogs and resources may not tell you everything you need to know about Human Resources and Human Capital Management, but they’re a great place to start for framing your company’s place within the changing business world.
Want to learn more about HR or HCM than what’s available at the resources we compiled here? Let us know on Twitter @Integrated_CG, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (866) 415-0071. We’re always here to answer your questions and would be more than happy to help.